The Best Practice Playbook for Animal Shelters
If you care about dogs and cats, The Best Practice Playbook for Animal Shelters is for you! The playbook was intentionally written for a wide audience from shelter leadership and staff from both public and private shelters, municipal leaders, rescue partners, volunteers, the community at large and funders/donors. Everyone will learn how they fit into the life-saving animal welfare puzzle that benefits both pets and people.
The playbook is a unique and holistic approach to implementing proven national standards with a special emphasis on the efficient use of all resources that will eliminate waste and save lives.
- Effective leadership
- Data management and analysis
- Responsible public policy
- Targeted spay neuter
- Community approach to enforcement
- Impactful community cat programs
- Safety Net and managed admissions
- Population management to ensure shortest length of stay
- Compassionate housing and enrichment
- Live outcome programs